Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics/Examples of the sections of the Preamble

Question
What would be an example (preferably an event), historical or current, demonstrating each section of the Preamble (form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic peace and so on). I need to rate the effectiveness of that part of the Preamble based off of the event. I'm having a particularly hard time finding a specific event to show  promoting the general welfare and preserving the blessings of liberty and promoting general welfare. I thank you for your time

Answer
I suppose the most obvious example of promoting the general welfare might be the passage of laws providing welfare benefits to needy recipients during the Great Depression.  Other programs such as Social Security or Medicaid also provide for the welfare of those in need.  Securing the blessings of liberty one might consider the actions of the Federal government to protect the basic rights of Southern Blacks during the civil rights era - for example, ensuring that they had the right to vote, protest against unfair laws, and get equal treatment under the law.

I hope this helps!
- Mike  

Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics

Michael Troy