Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics/government

I have to make up an amendment about pay rates for my government class this are the two ideas i have to write about:
*Not all three branches get pay raises at the same time
*Other two vote whether raise is warrented or not and how much and only once a year?

Currently, only Congress has the power to authorize any expenditure of funds.  Changing that would be rather strange, as would requesting the Courts to engage in setting pay.  There are already Constitutional restrictions that prevent Congress from lowering the pay of judges.  Also, no pay raise can take effect until there is an election and the next Congress is seated.

I suppose if a change was desired, you might consider any raise increase might require a 2/3 vote of both houses as well as the approval of the President.

I hope this helps!
- Mike  

Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question about U.S. Political history, Constitutional law, the legislative process, elections, etc. I enjoy Presidential and Congressional historical trivia, but can answer more substantive questions too.

Former Staff member for a Congressman and Senator. I also worked on about 10 Congressional and Presidential campaigns (only one that won). For a short time, I worked in the legal department of the Federal Election Commission.    I have a B.A. in Political Science.

Former LBJ Fellow (paid fellowship for Congressional Staff).
Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honorary Society).

Washington Post
Washington Times

J.D. University of Michigan
B.A. George Washington University (Poli. Sci. major).

LBJ Fellow
Truman Scholar