Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics/government

Question
I have to make up an amendment about pay rates for my government class this are the two ideas i have to write about:
*Not all three branches get pay raises at the same time
*Other two vote whether raise is warrented or not and how much and only once a year?

Answer
Currently, only Congress has the power to authorize any expenditure of funds.  Changing that would be rather strange, as would requesting the Courts to engage in setting pay.  There are already Constitutional restrictions that prevent Congress from lowering the pay of judges.  Also, no pay raise can take effect until there is an election and the next Congress is seated.

I suppose if a change was desired, you might consider any raise increase might require a 2/3 vote of both houses as well as the approval of the President.

I hope this helps!
- Mike  

Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics

Michael Troy