Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics/Intelligence

Question
Hi. I have one more question for you. The computer wouldn't let me ask a follow up so I have to write a new letter.

Ok, you mentioned that the administration thought that the oil from Iraq would make up for the cost of the war.
But as far as I know, and I don't really keep up on politics, but I don't think we're getting any oil from them, ARE WE?

thanks,
joyce

Answer
The plan originally appeared to be that Iraq would repay the US for the costs of the war by selling oil and then paying the US for its costs.  Of course, that did not work.  The US has spent more than $1 trillion in Iraq in military expenses and on top of that has given more to the country in the form of aid.  Iraqi oil is sold on the open market and mostly goes to Europe.

- Mike  

Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics

Michael Troy