Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics/Delegate from a U.S. Possession

Does the delegate to U.S. House of Representatives from Guam-
(1) have a legal vote  which counts in the U.S. House?
(2) get a Congressperson's  salary, fringe benefits, and allowed
    same number of aides as a Rep. from a U.S. State?
    (What is her salary?)

Hi Mike--

I don't have the figure for what a member of Congress is paid on the top of my head, but you can look that up easily. As for your other questions, no, the Delegate does not have a vote in the House, but in all other respects is treated as a member. That includes committee membership as well as salary, benefits, and staff.

Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics

John C. Berg

How Congress works, how to influence Congress, how Congress can be improved, how state legislatures work, how to influence state legislatures, how the Massachusetts legislature works, how to influence the Massachusetts legislature, why the presidential debates are unfair, how to improve the presidential debates, why the US electoral system is unfair, how to improve the US electoral system, how to end the two-party monopoly

Political activist for 40 years, currently working on the Ralph Nader presidential campaign. Professor of political science for 26 years.

American Association of Political Consultants, American Political Science Association, International Political Science Association, Caucus for a New Political Science, International Political Science Association, National Society for Experiential Education

Polity, Policy Studies Journal, Journal of Politics, Legislative Studies Journal, author of Unequal Struggle: Class, Gender, Race, and Power in the US Congress (Westview Press, 1994).

PhD Harvard University 1975
MA Harvard University 1973
BA with Honors University of Wisconsin 1964