Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics/Presidential ability to control government

Question
Who was the last President of the US who had a majority in both the Senate and the House of Representatives for all of both his two four year terms?

Many thanks,

Paul Murphy,
London, UK.

Answer
I am not 100% sure that any president has had both House and Senate under their control for both terms. All I know is that the two term presidents since 1948 have been: Obama (2008 - 2016), Bush (2000 - 20008), Clinton (1992 - 2000) and Reagan (1980 - 1988) and here's a chart showing the strength of each party in the House since the start of the electoral process in 1789 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_the_United_States#mediaviewer/File:USHouseBalanceOverTime.png so you might be able to find out (but am sure that if there are any, it won't be post Second World War)

Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics

Harry Hayfield