Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics/Hi. Who is Jessica Lynch?

Question
Hello,

I have been watching CSPAN a lot. And they are talking about Bowe Bergdahl and I keep hearing Jessica Lynch's name. I know who Bowe Bergdahl is, part of a swap and exchange for a pow with the Taliban. I have heard of Jessica Lynch but I don't know who she is. Is she someone that was once a POW like from what war? They are using her as an example in this Bowe Bergdahl trial that is happening now.

Thanks,

Mark

Answer
Dear Mark,

This has little to do with the topic (congressional, executive, etc), so I'm no expert. Just from memory, she was captured earli in the Iraq War, and then rescued by a special military operation. She was treated as a hero at the time, though later some thought this exaggerated. All I know!

Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics

John C. Berg