Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics/Hi. Who is Jessica Lynch?

I have been watching CSPAN a lot. And they are talking about Bowe Bergdahl and I keep hearing Jessica Lynch's name. I know who Bowe Bergdahl is, part of a swap and exchange for a pow with the Taliban. I have heard of Jessica Lynch but I don't know who she is. Is she someone that was once a POW like from what war? They are using her as an example in this Bowe Bergdahl trial that is happening now.

Dear Mark,

This has little to do with the topic (congressional, executive, etc), so I'm no expert. Just from memory, she was captured earli in the Iraq War, and then rescued by a special military operation. She was treated as a hero at the time, though later some thought this exaggerated. All I know!

Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics

John C. Berg

How Congress works, how to influence Congress, how Congress can be improved, how state legislatures work, how to influence state legislatures, how the Massachusetts legislature works, how to influence the Massachusetts legislature, why the presidential debates are unfair, how to improve the presidential debates, why the US electoral system is unfair, how to improve the US electoral system, how to end the two-party monopoly

Political activist for 40 years, currently working on the Ralph Nader presidential campaign. Professor of political science for 26 years.

American Association of Political Consultants, American Political Science Association, International Political Science Association, Caucus for a New Political Science, International Political Science Association, National Society for Experiential Education

Polity, Policy Studies Journal, Journal of Politics, Legislative Studies Journal, author of Unequal Struggle: Class, Gender, Race, and Power in the US Congress (Westview Press, 1994).

PhD Harvard University 1975
MA Harvard University 1973
BA with Honors University of Wisconsin 1964