Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics/internet volume safety

I was listening to a YouTube video today while reading another website when a pop-up ad video suddenly began to play. The volume of the pop - up ad was MUCH LOUDER than the YouTube video I was listening to.
 This hurt my ears. And it is not the only way in which internet sound has hurt my ears unexpectedly. I'm sure this and similar things have happened to many many people besides myself. Why have legislators not yet dealt with this public safety issue? I assume that this could possibly damage someones hearing, perhaps even permanently.  Thank you.

Legislators tend to react on such issues if their constituents encourage them to do so.  You could certainly contact your congressman and recommend such legislation.   This issue could also be resolved through regulation, perhaps FCC or FTC.  If you actually suffered injury from the noise you could also opt to get it changed through the courts by suing for damages.

Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question about U.S. Political history, Constitutional law, the legislative process, elections, etc. I enjoy Presidential and Congressional historical trivia, but can answer more substantive questions too.

Former Staff member for a Congressman and Senator. I also worked on about 10 Congressional and Presidential campaigns (only one that won). For a short time, I worked in the legal department of the Federal Election Commission.    I have a B.A. in Political Science.

Former LBJ Fellow (paid fellowship for Congressional Staff).
Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honorary Society).

Washington Post
Washington Times

J.D. University of Michigan
B.A. George Washington University (Poli. Sci. major).

LBJ Fellow
Truman Scholar