Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics/14 Point Plan

You may be the person who can answer this for me...

I was listening to the Youtube the other day, on the
subject of President Woodrow Wilson's 14 Point Plan regarding the close of WW1.
I was wondering what reason, in history was documented as to why he did not enforce this, prior to the enforcing of the Treaty of Versailles?  The 14 Point Plan, seemed to be a better plan that the Treaty of V.
Thank you.

President Wilson's 14 Point plan was just that, a plan.  It did not have the support of Congress, nor was it supported by the other allies, Britain and France.  The US was not the major world power in 1918 that it is today.  It could not simply impose its will on other powers.  The Allies simply ignored Wilson's proposals and largely implemented their own ideas in the Treaty that was eventually signed.  

Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question about U.S. Political history, Constitutional law, the legislative process, elections, etc. I enjoy Presidential and Congressional historical trivia, but can answer more substantive questions too.

Former Staff member for a Congressman and Senator. I also worked on about 10 Congressional and Presidential campaigns (only one that won). For a short time, I worked in the legal department of the Federal Election Commission.    I have a B.A. in Political Science.

Former LBJ Fellow (paid fellowship for Congressional Staff).
Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honorary Society).

Washington Post
Washington Times

J.D. University of Michigan
B.A. George Washington University (Poli. Sci. major).

LBJ Fellow
Truman Scholar