Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics/14 Point Plan

Question
Michael,
You may be the person who can answer this for me...

I was listening to the Youtube the other day, on the
subject of President Woodrow Wilson's 14 Point Plan regarding the close of WW1.
I was wondering what reason, in history was documented as to why he did not enforce this, prior to the enforcing of the Treaty of Versailles?  The 14 Point Plan, seemed to be a better plan that the Treaty of V.
Thank you.

Answer
President Wilson's 14 Point plan was just that, a plan.  It did not have the support of Congress, nor was it supported by the other allies, Britain and France.  The US was not the major world power in 1918 that it is today.  It could not simply impose its will on other powers.  The Allies simply ignored Wilson's proposals and largely implemented their own ideas in the Treaty that was eventually signed.  

Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics

Michael Troy