Lesbian Life/Long Distance Relationship

Question
Hi Alicia,

My partner and I are in a long distance relationship of 5 months and some change. We are very happy with each other and we both care for one another and definitely have a strong connection, I was just wondering if we would last and make it through the distance?

Thanks,

P.

Answer
Hi Peiton,

I really can't say whether or not your relationship will make it through as you didn't elaborate more on your situation. I don't know how far apart you are or if you get to see each other occasionally and if it is a temporary or permanent situation. Those details would be helpful but I'll try to offer you any advice I can.

Long distance relationships are hard and don't usually last but if the right people are involved it can work.

I was in a long distance relationship for a couple of years and it was very difficult We lived several hours apart but did get to see each other every other weekend. We talked every day but it made things all the more difficult. When you're in a relationship, you want to have the physical stuff as well as the emotional. It's hard not being able to have face-to-face conversations, go for a walk, go out to dinner, watch a movie, and all of the other fun physical things couples do. Yeah, we saw each other every other weekend but saying good-bye became too difficult as well. Moving wasn't an option at the time and eventually, even though we did greatly care for one another, it ended because it was too difficult. This is usually how things go. But, some people are ok without the physical part of a relationship and the talking is enough. It really just depends on the people involved.

If you're both happy and not having the physical part of the relationship works for you two then I don't see any reason it can't work. Communication is key and as long as both people put in the time and effort things shoiuld be okay. Just make sure you both want the same things and want the relationship to end up at the same place.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you! :)

Lesbian Life

Alicia Thompson