Lesbian Life/lesbian relationship

My name is Kenya june 21 1992. Girlfriend name Shauqunna July 13 1994. Im open wit me being gay. My family accept it. My problem is my girlfriend is hiding she is gay from her family . We been together 2 years an its frustrating me. Will she ever come out to her family an tell them bout me ??

Hi Kenya,

Patience my dear, patience. People come out to others on their own time and when they are ready to do it. Pressuring her to come out to her family will ruin your relationship and adds stress to her that she doesn't need. She probably already feels stressed hiding who she is from them and it probably isn't helping her feelings if you are pushing her to come out to them. If you love her, you need to be patient and respect her feelings about coming out. It doesn't mean she doesn't love you. It just means she isn't ready yet. Her not coming out yet isn't about you, it's about her and her relationship with her family. Be patient and give her time. She will come out to them when she is ready. Just love her and support her and it will happen when it happens.

It took me 10 years to come out to my family. I didn't want to tell them because I knew they wouldn't be supportive or accepting of my girlfriend. Fortunately, my girlfriends never pushed me and I feel like I told them when I was meant to tell them.

Remember, her not coming out to her family doesn't mean she doesn't love you, it just means she isn't ready for them to know yet. It will happen eventually but it is her decision to make when it happens. Good luck and I wish you both lots of happiness.

Lesbian Life

Alicia Thompson

I can answer questions about lesbian relationships, dating, coming out, what to do if you like someone who isn't a lesbian, and how to know if you or someone else is a lesbian. I am also willing to be a friendly ear to anyone who just needs someone to talk to-sometimes that is all we need.

I am a lesbian and have lived openly for over 15 years. I had to figure lesbian life out on my own because it wasn't socially acceptable when I came out. I belonged to gay clubs in college and have pretty much seen it all in the gay community. i am currently in a very happy lesbian relationship but I had to date a lot of toads before I found my princess. I've always been the advice giver for my friends. I just like to see people happy and talking to someone on the outside of the situation usually helps.

I volunteer for the local YMCA and served as a Big Sister until the local chapter ran out of money and closed.

I have an Associate's Degree in Humanities and a Bachelor's Degree in Speech Communications.