Lesbian Life/Crush on a straight girl

Hi, I'm Lilian, I just graduated from high school and I identify as a lesbian. Recently, before high school ended, I kind of feel like I have a crush on one of my friends. I always seem to be thinking of her and how she made me smile all the time. Well, there are two problems, I didn't came out to anyone at school and she likes a guy who I'm sure she'll date during summer. I'm wondering if there's a way to her that I like her without her freaking out and me losing her as a friend.

Dear Friend,

You can take it slowly. Be her friend, but only if you think it won't harm you emotionally to become any closer to her, only to have to give her up later. Once you feel like you have established trust, you can come out to her. And at some point, confess your undying devotion.

If it were me though -- I would rip off the proverbial band-aid, all in one swift move. It hurts less, heals sooner and after all, it is the only genuine thing to do and in the end... the most appreciated. Take your pick. Good luck!

Lesbian Life

Lena Torres

Can Answer Questions about Lesbian Life: Dating, Relationships, Breakups, Cheating and Every day life. Prefer not to Respond to: Intricate Psychological Disorder questions (though I can refer readers to other resources i.e. websites/counceling for information and help on these issues). No questions with sexual content, especially from under-age readers.

Worked within the domestic violence field, assisting victims to get their lives back on track; through facilitating support-groups, workshops and individual counceling. Continue to be an active member of the lesbian community, providing referals and support to fellow lesbians through church and other groups.

FVS (domestic violence group in Florida) and various church groups.

B.A. in Journalism, with heavy research concentration in Social Psychology and Human Relations. Working toward Masters.

Received commendation award for public relations work and teamwork/unity and team-leadership awards within a corporate setting.