Liberals: Left of Center/Making a Petition to change Policy

Hello!  First I want to say I know this is probably the wrong forum, but I think you are probably the only political expert on here...that I found anyway.  Hopefully you will be able to help me out.

I have to let you know that I know nothing of politics, much less how to make a petition.

I have recently had some issues at my job with my employer removing money from my paycheck for a 401k scam without my authorization.  When I asked them about this, they said the IRS said they can do this.  

To make a long story short, it is not the IRS's responsibility to be my financier, nor is it their business to be telling anybody or any business they can take money out of my pay without my express written consent (for anything other than normal taxes).

I have been told the IRS has given the authority to employers to take out money for 401k scams anytime they want, and there isn't anything you can do about it.

Since when does the IRS make law?  It is not the IRS's business to be interfering with my paycheck, aside from the normal taxes.

I want to make a national petition to stop this and make it illegal for anyone to underhandedly be able to remove money from any employees paycheck without their express written consent.

All the information I find online in my research is either confusing or contradictory.

I need to know if I need a lawyer to make a petition like this, or if I can do it on my own.  What the steps are that I need to go through, what I will need, and how much it will cost, as well as how to get it posted online and on Youtube (and such sites).

But I suppose my first question should be, is there already a petition out there for this, and if there is, where do I find it?

Thank you for your time!!

Dear Kenneth,

Sorry to hear you're having this problem. I'm not aware that what you describe is happening on a general basis. Actually, it's the first time I hear such a complain. As far as I know, you, the employee decides how much to save in your 401K. You don't need a lawyer to petition the government. The White House has a petition site;

and there are independent online petition sites:

You can also write letters to your representatives in Washington. Here's the updated list with the phone/fax numbers:

I hope this helps

Best regards,

Liberals: Left of Center

Joe Park

I can answer questions about US politics & the World in general

I've lived in several countries outside the US, and being involved in election support work

Philosophy Major. Emphasis in Marx-Engels-Lenin studies Political Science BA