Life Coaching/Life Coaching

Question
Mr. Halloran,

I have a few questions for you if you do not mind answering them. First what is the difference between life coaching and therapy? Second what can life coaching help people with? Lastly how much does it cost to see a life coach or a therapist?

Answer
A therapist will help you with a mental illness; coping skills, medication compliance, techniques for daily living with a mental illness. A coach helps you with your life; motivation, accountability, goal setting, a sounding board. Very different and those of us in the field try hard to not blur the lines.

Much of therapy can be covered by insurance. Generally it will range from 75 and hour to 200 an hour. Remember you get what you pay for.

Life coaching can be a much wider range due to specialty and experience. 25 and hour to 1000 an hour. I have been doing this for 10 years, I am about 300 an hour.

Does this help?

Life Coaching

Matthew Halloran