Life Coaching/Is this OK?

Question
Hi Matthew
I dont really have any problems, and that is my problem! At 58, I have a good job, a nice home, loving wife, and two great adult kids. My health has also improved and I am losing weight and working out. Mental health is good too. Since I drive for a living all over the city, I dont care to drive in my own car much-I would rather walk to the mall. I used to play golf and slow pitch but was never very good so I  stopped. I have one close friend but he is always busy, which is fine by me. My 'problem' is that I seem to be quite content to spend my free time just reading, just chillaxin with my wife, and doing as little as possible. I wish we had grandkids, but that may or may not happen. I have no hobbies except reading and watching sports on TV. Maybe I am over thinking this, or feel guilty. Most of my associates are have  busy lives and are not as calm and settled as me. I had a pretty rough childhood, we were poor, and moved a lot. Maybe that's part of it. Anyway, thank you so much for any thoughts or coaching!

Answer
Bud,

As a coach, I feel most people do way too much.  Many people shorten their lives by over booking themselves.

As a fellow person with a rough childhood, poor and moved a lot, I value my down time a lot!  When you are "on" so much as a kid, you can settle into needing that downtime as an adult.  

What I would recommend is to find something that feeds your soul in your community.  Don't do too much with it, just give back.

You already did a wonderful job being a great father, maybe you just need something else to work on.

Feel free to ask more questions, I am here to help.  

Life Coaching

Matthew Halloran