Life & Health Insurance/Primerica

Chuck Ray wrote at 2009-05-11 22:58:29
The answer given by Mr Brumbaugh makes me laugh.  First of all, Primerica is a wholly owned subsidiary of Citi that is not allowed to come in and touch any of Primerica's cash reserves.  Therefore even though Citi itself may have made some bad investment decisions Primerica as a life insurance company and your policy are still financially strong.

Second, how would Primerica be misrepresenting by simply educating consumers on the difference between overpriced cash value insurance vs buy term and invest the difference?  Mr Brumbaugh I am certain that you have read Consumer Reports or Personal Finance For Dummies or the tons of consumer advocates that all say Buy Term and Invest the Differnce is the smartest and best financial decision you can make when it comes to Life Insurance.  If you have not sir, check out what Dave Ramsay or Suze Orman has to say about the product that you are trying to solicit over the internet to these people who just asked a legitimate question.  Instead of the proper response you tried to go get a sale, because that is what you are, a salesman who needs to trick people into buying your over-priced products.

While we are being honest Mr Brumbaugh, why don't we explain that you are biased against Primerica because they replace the terrible products that you sell and that takes food off your family's table, agreed.  

To answer the original question Primerica is still and continues to be reated A+, which is among the highest, by A.M. Best (3rd party rating system) that rates the financial stability of an insurance company.  Primerica has 10 times the required amount of cash in reserve required to pay claims.  You have nothing to worry about your Primerica policy.

Just stay away from people like Mr Brumbaugh.  

Richard wrote at 2009-06-11 16:11:10
Although Primerica is a sub company of Citigroup, Primerica is still very much its own company.  In fact, Primerica is close to separating away from Citigroup.

Primerica is financially stable much like American General Life Insurance is.  AIG Holding is having trouble, NOT the life insurance portion.  That distinction MUST be made clear since less than scrupulous agents will use that as a way to steal sells and screw over consumers.

The "expert" above openly admitted he is biased against Primerica and his answer is representative of that.

Your policy is fine where it is at.

Olga wrote at 2011-01-26 00:08:36
You should be ashamed of yourself! I guess you can only tell them the (Real Story) after they fax you their information. you thief!!!!!!

I had whole life, my daughter passed away at 18 to Leukemia and the company did not pay, because my agent never added my children to the policy. Even though attached to the policy was the copy of the original application with all 3 of my children in it. But you do not have to believe me, just watch the videos attached.

ME75 wrote at 2011-05-09 01:21:15

Primerica is no longer affiliated with Citigroup Primerica is now and independent company and what ever issues Citigroup has or had, has nothing to do with Prmerica what this person is doing is called DEFAMATION and that is illegal

and you should never give someone your personal information through the Internet unless you know personally they are legit.

I have copied this letter and given it to corporate of Primerica for what MR Willard R. Brumbaugh,LTUCF is doing is completely wrong.

and if you want to know for sure call Primerica yourself they will tell you how well they are doing in the business.

I'm in it personally and the business is doing pretty AWESOME

there is no need for you to panic.  

Willard R. Brumbaugh, LUTCF wrote at 2011-06-08 22:50:55
On June 8, 2011 I learned that there had been several responses to my answer regarding Primerica. As for the financial strength of the organization, I cannot speak, however I can address the issue of 'buy term and invest the rest.'

It is a fact that all life insurance is made of of annual mortally calculations that amount to term costs. These term costs reflect the amount of risk that the insurance companies carry on the insured and the insured's age.

Since term life insurance presumes that the entire Face Amount is always the amount at risk to the insurance company, the insurance company must eventually increase the cost of that risk charged to the policyowner. This cost must be covered (paid) by the policyowner with income that has been taxed.

The same cost factors in a Whole Life or Universal Life policy are absorbed by earnings inside the policy income tax free. So, when WL or UL policies are paired against 'buy term and invest the rest' using accumulation vehicles of comparable risk, the term, in the long run, proves to be more expensive.

The value in Term insurance is in the short run, since for many 'the long run' does not happen. The point is, and professional agents should know this, both Permanent and Term products have value that neither can match, depending on the purposes and time frames involved.

joe wrote at 2016-04-29 21:07:47
Why whole life agents are upset with primerica?

Primerica is not a scam company,It is listed on NYSE( PRI stock price $51.) rated A+ by AM Best rating. Primerica policy has no war clause but most other companies do. ( if you die in an attack that is deemed  war by Insurance companies these other companies wont pay.) Primerica has one sop shopping for insurance and Investments. Some agents are bad mouthing Primerica because they loose big commision if everybody bought term insurance . You watch most financial advisors on tv suggest you buy term and invest the difference. get information from CNBC Bloomberg etc rather than from a whole life agent

Life & Health Insurance

Willard R. Brumbaugh, LUTCF, CSFP

I can handle questions concerning life insurance, it`s tax implications, how to determine what is appropriate, and how it fits in one`s estate and retirement planning.

For 2 1/2 years I was an expert on, where for most of that time I was ranked #1. I have been a moderator (instructor) for the Life Underwriters Training Council. I have been licensed since 1969. Organizations I belong to: National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors - California and the Inland Empire Estate Planning Council. I hold the professional designation of Life Underwriters Training Council Fellow.