Life & Health Insurance/Old Life Insurance Policy!

Question
Sir: I found a old life insurance policy that my mother took out back on DECEMBER 16, 1968. How do I contact the company? (VICTORY MUTUAL LIFE INSURANCE CO. located in CHICAGO, Ill. I have tried to find a address or phone number for this company but I cannot find one.  Can you help me find this company my mother passed October,2000.  I would like to contact this company A.S.A.P. Sincerely Yours
         CATHERINE M. RILEY(CARR)

Answer
The information I will share was gleaned from Google.  I can not vouch for accuracy, but it sounds reasonable, and seems a fine place to start your search.

UNITED FIDELITY LIFE INSURANCE  800-366-6565

UNITED TEACHER ASSOCIATES 800-880-8824

This company seemed to have been domiciled in Ill. As such the next stop would be the Dept. of Insurance (or Financial Services, or some other cute political name).  Generally when a company is proposed for purchase it needs approval from the domiciled state.

I want to close by sharing that in 40yr of experience companies WANT to settle these claims.  For one you are not looking for millions of dollars, and it's to their benefit to "close" the book.  They may also find use in their advertising.  I'm also including a link to a site which seems to offer some good advise.

David T. Clark CFP

http://www.talewins.com/Life/foundco/viejo/victorylife.htm

Life & Health Insurance

David Clark