Life & Health Insurance/insurance

I am from Santa Rosa New Mexico, my mom worked for the public schools for 29 years, she had a life insurance for my dad, (he is still living)she paid for years, it wasn't much it was like 20 dollars a month, she died in 2006, and my sister continued to pay several more years, she had a stroke and stopped paying on it. What happens to all that money that was paid? we called and they said that account was closed. Are we entitled to anything? please help

Thank you for your question.

The answer lies in the type of life insurance it was. If it was a term life style policy then it just expired and that's it. If it was a permanent and cash value type policy, then the cash value in the policy would have paid the premiums until the cash vale was gone and the policy would have been voided after that.

Either way, it does not seem to be a positive outcome here.

The good news is you can still acquire coverage should he need something. I'd be happy to direct you and even if he has health conditions you could acquire at least a burial type policy.

Life & Health Insurance

Gene Ramsay

I can answer questions from people regarding health, life, and voluntary insurance. I can also answer certain annuity questions, long-term care, medicare, vision, dental, group products, individual products, and certain carriers. Another area would be general discussion on an individual basis to determine need and help individuals make the right decisions for them. I can also field questions from other insurance providers about carriers I represent so we can do some business together and I am also willing to offer my thoughts on certain issues they may be having with clients/customers, etc.

My experience comes from helping many people every day handle tough situations in the health, life, and voluntary insurance markets. I do not claim to know it all, but I will always be direct and professional.

National Association of Health Underwriters, Alabama Association of Health Underwriters, Birmingham Association of Health Underwriters

Self Funding Magazine,, Birmingham Business Journal, North Jefferson News

My educational credentials are holding a health and life insurance license in multiple states.

Colonial Life Rookie Sales Award of the Year (2006), Treasurer - Birmingham Association of Health Underwriters (2010), NAHU Region 5 & 6 Leadership Conference Participant (2011), "Benefits Selling" Magazine Reader Council Advisory Board (2011), President Elect - Birmingham Association of Health Underwriters (2011), President (2012-2014), VP of Technology - Alabama Association of Health Underwriters, (2011-Present), NAHU LPRT Soaring Eagle Award Recipient (2013)

I would prefer not to divulge clients without their consent to do so.