Life & Health Insurance/insurance

Question
I am from Santa Rosa New Mexico, my mom worked for the public schools for 29 years, she had a life insurance for my dad, (he is still living)she paid for years, it wasn't much it was like 20 dollars a month, she died in 2006, and my sister continued to pay several more years, she had a stroke and stopped paying on it. What happens to all that money that was paid? we called and they said that account was closed. Are we entitled to anything? please help

Answer
Barb,

Thank you for your question.

The answer lies in the type of life insurance it was. If it was a term life style policy then it just expired and that's it. If it was a permanent and cash value type policy, then the cash value in the policy would have paid the premiums until the cash vale was gone and the policy would have been voided after that.

Either way, it does not seem to be a positive outcome here.

The good news is you can still acquire coverage should he need something. I'd be happy to direct you and even if he has health conditions you could acquire at least a burial type policy.

Life & Health Insurance

Gene Ramsay