Life & Health Insurance/when does policy expire?

Question
Hello, i would like to know if you are receiving benefits through your employer for self and spouse, and the employer pays a portion for all employees, and i also purchased more insurance for my self and spouse, which comes out of my paycheck.

My question is if i was terminated on Dec 14th, did my life insurance cancel on that day too? or does it cancel at the end of the month?

Thank you kindly
Tonya

Answer
Tonya:

Sorry for the delayed answer as this was a Holiday weekend.  Your insurance cancels on the last day of the month.  You should check with your HR department for the exact rules.  If your company has over 20 employees you can qualify for COBRA coverage for your health care.  

Also your Life insurance can be converted to you.  Again Ask your HR Department.

Hope this helps.

Life & Health Insurance

Ronald Blau