Life & Health Insurance/Old life insurance policy

My grandmother bought a life insurance policy on my dad back in 1961 from Old Line Legal Reserve Stock Company-Acme Life Insurance Company out of New Orleans, Louisiana. She is listed as his beneficiary, but died about 6 years ago. My dad has been told he has maybe 2 months to live. I'm trying to find out information about the company so that I can see if the insurance is still valid, so that we can change the beneficiary before the death of my father.

Dear Charisse,

I am sorry for your father's prognosis. I hope he is spiritually well.

Acme Life became part of Western & Southern Life. The phone number is (800) 926-1315.

Please let me know how this insurance policy turns out.

Willard R. Brumbaugh, LUTCF
888) 792-2379

I am surprised to find out you never read my answer. Has your father survived the doctor's prognosis? Please let me know whether the policy still has/d value for you.

Life & Health Insurance

Willard R. Brumbaugh, LUTCF, CSFP

I can handle questions concerning life insurance, it`s tax implications, how to determine what is appropriate, and how it fits in one`s estate and retirement planning.

For 2 1/2 years I was an expert on, where for most of that time I was ranked #1. I have been a moderator (instructor) for the Life Underwriters Training Council. I have been licensed since 1969. Organizations I belong to: National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors - California and the Inland Empire Estate Planning Council. I hold the professional designation of Life Underwriters Training Council Fellow.