Life & Health Insurance/(Health Reimbursement Arrangement)

I am retired. I have a HRA (Health Reimbursement Arrangement) that will be devoid of funds in June 2013. When can I open a HSA (Health Savings Account)?
Thank you

Sorry, I just saw this question. Though late, I will try to answer it as best I can.  Health Savings Accounts are available to individuals who, through their employer, have a high deductible insurance policy.  Unless you have such a plan, you won't be eligible for an HSA.
If you are not eligible for Medicare, you can purchase a high deductible medical insurance policy and start an HSA. If you are eligible for Medicare, you may wish to consider an MSA,which is a supplement to a traditional Medicare plan, and works somewhat like a HSA.

Life & Health Insurance

Dave Bowman

I will answer questions of a general nature regarding life insurance, disability income insurance annuities (fixed and variable) and long term care insurance. Also, questions regarding estate analysis. No legal or accounting advice, as I am not a lawyer or a CPA. I do not sell health insurance, so have limited knowledge of the current status of that field.

30 years as a life insurance and investment industry professional. Former chapter president of Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Buffalo Chapter. CLU designation.

Association of Insurance and Financial Professionals.

B.B.A Economics, U. of Georgia, 1971.

Families, professionals, small businesses, individuals.