Life & Health Insurance/Catastrophic insurance scam

I think that CSRE Major Medical Insurance is a scam. I have asked for data such as the percentage of claims they have paid out, etc. Whenever I call they say The computer is out. I am 83, and have been paying premiums for over 30 years! I am afraid they might drop me if I make a claim. How can I check n this companies reliability? Thank you.

Dear Mr. Schachter,
I am not familiar with CSRE Major Medical insurance, but I definitely know what you should do in order to get your questions answered.  You should call the New York State Department of Financial Services.  The people there should be able to help you.
The telephone number for the fraud division is (800) 342-3736.  I recommend that you have your policy handy when you make the call as they will want some information from it.
Best of luck in getting your issues resolved.

William Hezzelwood
Actuarial Analytics
San Clemente, CA

Life & Health Insurance

William Hezzelwood

I can answer almost any question about life insurance, such as: 1) What kinds of life insurance are available? 2) I have an old policy that is in danger of lapsing...should I pay more money into it? 3) I think my insurance company is not treating me I have grounds to sue them? 4) My agent has proposed that I buy insurance from company that a good, reputable company?

I am recently retired from a 40-year career as an actuary for a major life insurance company. I worked in the life insurance division and had a wide variety of responsibilities, such as: product development, systems development and management, field compensation, and program management.

Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (by examination) Member of the American Academy of Actuaries Member of the Forensic Expert Witness Association Member of the American Association of Economic and Financial Experts Member of the National Association of Forensic Economics Member of the Financial Planning Association of Orange County

I have a B.S. in Business Administration (major in Actuarial Science) from Drake University.