Life & Health Insurance/Individual Health Ins

Question
you are probably being swamped with questions right now so I will try to keep this brief. I have at present got an HSA Individual Health Insurance that is 'grandfathered' into the new laws but it doesn't pay for any preventative. I can't find anyone to answer this question. I probably won't qualify for any financial assistance in this new Marketplace, plus I live in Wyoming and this appears to be one of the most expensive states. Will I be able to apply for a new Insurance outside of the marketplace that will cover the preventative?  Thank you Wendy Kelly

Answer
Wendy,
I'm not really a health insurance expert -- I'm more of a life insurance person -- but I do have some advice.
I suggest you send your question via email to the following:  askemily@usc.edu
Emily Bazar writes a column in our local newspaper (the Orange County Register).  In fact, her column today deals with HSA's.  According to the paper, Emily is a senior writer at the California HealthCare Foundation Center for Health Reporting at USC.  She will either know the answer or will have access to someone who does.  When you write to her, though, try to be more precise in your language.  For example, give the name of your insurer and specifics about the policy.
Best of luck on your "search for the truth".
Bill Hezzelwood

Life & Health Insurance

William Hezzelwood