Life & Health Insurance/life insurance

My husband of 23 years have a life insurance long time ago before his first wife died. I am not sure if he changed his benificiary on his life insurance but he have his late wife's as a beneficiary and in case of her death all money in his life insurance will proceed to all his surviving kids. He changed his will since his first wife died and I am the trustee and he also told on his will that I will get 75 % of his life insurance and 25 % of it goes to his daughter. He died and I am not sure if my husband had changed his beneficiary on his life insurance long time ago. IF  he did not, will the money on his life insurance goes to me or to her daughter, if in case the life insurance beneficiary did not got changed? Please advise

First of all I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you. It's never easy.

As for who gets what, the final say usually lands in the will. In many cases if the life insurance proceeds are not listed for who gets what then the life insurance policy designation is the default answer.

That's  the main reason why I always tell clients that they should evaluate life insurance beneficiaries and amount at least every year or right after any major events in their life (marriage, divorce, birth, death, etc).

I hope this helps. The real final answer is in the hands of the legal staff in charge of the estate and how the will reads as well as the consideration of the life insurance verbiage.

Life & Health Insurance

Gene Ramsay

I can answer questions from people regarding health, life, and voluntary insurance. I can also answer certain annuity questions, long-term care, medicare, vision, dental, group products, individual products, and certain carriers. Another area would be general discussion on an individual basis to determine need and help individuals make the right decisions for them. I can also field questions from other insurance providers about carriers I represent so we can do some business together and I am also willing to offer my thoughts on certain issues they may be having with clients/customers, etc.

My experience comes from helping many people every day handle tough situations in the health, life, and voluntary insurance markets. I do not claim to know it all, but I will always be direct and professional.

National Association of Health Underwriters, Alabama Association of Health Underwriters, Birmingham Association of Health Underwriters

Self Funding Magazine,, Birmingham Business Journal, North Jefferson News

My educational credentials are holding a health and life insurance license in multiple states.

Colonial Life Rookie Sales Award of the Year (2006), Treasurer - Birmingham Association of Health Underwriters (2010), NAHU Region 5 & 6 Leadership Conference Participant (2011), "Benefits Selling" Magazine Reader Council Advisory Board (2011), President Elect - Birmingham Association of Health Underwriters (2011), President (2012-2014), VP of Technology - Alabama Association of Health Underwriters, (2011-Present), NAHU LPRT Soaring Eagle Award Recipient (2013)

I would prefer not to divulge clients without their consent to do so.