Life & Health Insurance/Reverse Mortgage

Question
My mother is retired, has no debts, and is considering a reverse mortgage.  Either that, or she's going to cash in her life insurance policy so that she can travel and enjoy her last few years.  What is your recommendation?

Answer
Dear Ramona:

If you Mother is considering a reverse mortgage,please be careful of the high fees.  Since I don't know the value of either the house or the Life Insurance policy.  If she does the reverse mortgage, she should keep the Life insurance to replace the money from the house.

I also don't know your Mother's age.  Before cashing in her Life insurance she can sell it for more money than is in the policy.  This is called Life Settlements.

I would be happy to discuss this with you and her.

Hope this helps.  

Life & Health Insurance

Ronald Blau