Life & Health Insurance/health insurance

can my employer add our company benefit health premium as earned income on my check?

Thank you for the question.

I wish I could say for sure on this. This would be a question better suited for an accountant or someone in your payroll department.

If they are qualifying it as a "benefit bank" and including it as part of your salary, I have had clients who did that and they were perfectly within their right. If the company is stating that you are basically getting "paid" for that premium because they pay for it, then you might have a little issue. Now, one other thing to consider is how this is being communicated. Some employers provide what they call "benefits statements" to their employees to show them what an employee is being invested in from salary, to paid time off to vacation days to even uniform costs. I have helped companies do this for their employees and it's basically a company "pat on the back" for doing more for you than just paying you. If they are including on your tax forms as "income" that could be an issue to take up with an accountant or tax attorney.

I hope this makes sense and helps.

Life & Health Insurance

Gene Ramsay

I can answer questions from people regarding health, life, and voluntary insurance. I can also answer certain annuity questions, long-term care, medicare, vision, dental, group products, individual products, and certain carriers. Another area would be general discussion on an individual basis to determine need and help individuals make the right decisions for them. I can also field questions from other insurance providers about carriers I represent so we can do some business together and I am also willing to offer my thoughts on certain issues they may be having with clients/customers, etc.

My experience comes from helping many people every day handle tough situations in the health, life, and voluntary insurance markets. I do not claim to know it all, but I will always be direct and professional.

National Association of Health Underwriters, Alabama Association of Health Underwriters, Birmingham Association of Health Underwriters

Self Funding Magazine,, Birmingham Business Journal, North Jefferson News

My educational credentials are holding a health and life insurance license in multiple states.

Colonial Life Rookie Sales Award of the Year (2006), Treasurer - Birmingham Association of Health Underwriters (2010), NAHU Region 5 & 6 Leadership Conference Participant (2011), "Benefits Selling" Magazine Reader Council Advisory Board (2011), President Elect - Birmingham Association of Health Underwriters (2011), President (2012-2014), VP of Technology - Alabama Association of Health Underwriters, (2011-Present), NAHU LPRT Soaring Eagle Award Recipient (2013)

I would prefer not to divulge clients without their consent to do so.