Life & Health Insurance/Senior without life insurance

Well here I am, a 62 yr-old woman, newly retired without life insurance. Rough life, retired early but not for health problems. Anyway, I am 5'9", 180 lbs, excellent health, never a pain in my body anywhere, no medications, walk 6-8 miles a day, was an aerobic instructor for 12 yrs(as a second job). With all that beg said...I'm in a financial position to buy life insurance, but I don't know what kind to get. I'm so confused. Should I get term, whole or just burial insurance. I hear here are so many scams out there, it frightens me that I may chose the wrong company or make a mistake. Please give me some good advice. Thank you so much Ron.

ANSWER: Dear Paula:

The first thing to decide is, do you need Life Insurance.  Are you married, do you have kids, is there someone you want to leave money to?  Once you answer that question, then you will know if you need Life Insurance.  Then you need to determine the amount.

At your age you should buy Universal Life, with a no lapse guarantee. This is really term to 100 or 120.  There is little cash value, but Death Benefit till you die.  This policy cam also have Long Term Care Insurance built into the policy.

I would be happy to help you with your decision as I am licensed in Virginia and 21 other states, but live in Arizona.

Hope this help you make a decision.

Take care and good luck,

QUESTION: Ron thank you for getting back to me so quickly. To answer your question, I am not married (although I hope to marry again), I have two grown daughters with families of their own and at the money to leave anyone; although I have a nice sum of inheritance money coming to me within a few weeks. I have always heard NEVER get Universal insurance. This is a first, but it sounds like what I may need. Are you only suggesting that one because I'm healthy? Thank you again Ron.

Dear Paula:

The reason I suggested Universal Life is it is the most economical of all the insurances for your needs.  You need to get it with a " No lapse guarantee".  This has nothing to do with your health.  The other types i. e. Whole life is very expensive at your age and term is not right.

Call me to discuss this further.

Life & Health Insurance

Ronald Blau

Questions concerning Life, Health, Diability,Long Term Care Insurance and Reitement Income. I specialize in the senior market and can also answer questions about Medicare. I am located in Arizona and have licences in 22 states. I am active in placement of all personal and business forms of insurance. I work with many different carriers in all types of insurance including Life, Health, Disability and Long Term Care as well as financial planning.

I am one of the leading producers of Long Term Care and Life Insurance in Arizona. I am also a member of the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT). I work with seniors in the Life settlement market to get the most value for their Life Insurance policies that they no longer need.

MDRT- Top of the Table

I am licensed in Arizona and 21 states and have a Health, Life Licenses along with Series 6, 63, 65,22 licenses.

MDRT (Million Dollar Round Table) Top of the Table