Life & Health Insurance/Health insurance and the VA benefits

My husband is a 60% disabled Veteran and receives all medical needs except work related injuries. Our HSA personal insurance has increased to over $800 per month with a $7500 deductible, we really need some advice as to whether we should 'drop him off' the Golden Rule policy as it is becoming stupidly expensive. It is just us two on the policy, he is 48 and I am 59. Any ideas ?  Thank you.

I am an expert in life insurance...not health insurance, so I don't feel qualified to fully answer your questions.  I do have some suggestions, however.  
1. If your HSA policy was purchased on your own (outside of your employment) I would recommend that you talk with whoever sold you the policy and get their advice.  If your HSA policy was purchased through your employer, you should talk with a benefits advisor from your company.
2. I think it would also be worthwhile talking to a sales representative from a different company that is a competitor to the one that issued your HSA policy, just to get another perspective.
3. Finally, you should ask the people you speak with to explain how your coverage and costs will be impacted by Obamacare...its just around the corner.
Good luck.  I know this health insurance problem is VERY confusing...I've been through it myself.  I hope you find the answers that you need.

Life & Health Insurance

William Hezzelwood

I can answer almost any question about life insurance, such as: 1) What kinds of life insurance are available? 2) I have an old policy that is in danger of lapsing...should I pay more money into it? 3) I think my insurance company is not treating me I have grounds to sue them? 4) My agent has proposed that I buy insurance from company that a good, reputable company?

I am recently retired from a 40-year career as an actuary for a major life insurance company. I worked in the life insurance division and had a wide variety of responsibilities, such as: product development, systems development and management, field compensation, and program management.

Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (by examination) Member of the American Academy of Actuaries Member of the Forensic Expert Witness Association Member of the American Association of Economic and Financial Experts Member of the National Association of Forensic Economics Member of the Financial Planning Association of Orange County

I have a B.S. in Business Administration (major in Actuarial Science) from Drake University.