Life & Health Insurance/Fathers Life Insurance Company

Grandmother bought a Life Insurance Policy for my father in 1937 through the Indianapolis Life Insurance Company. My father is still living & we are just trying to find out if this Policy is in fact still in force & where can we find out who now has control of this Policy? I searched the website & they only look for deceased individuals & Policies after 1996, so the site says.

Any help with where we can look for this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Thanks for your questions.  Finding old insurance policies (or finding out ABOUT old insurance policies) is definitely a tough thing to do.  Sounds like you've attempted to use the one resource I know of... so the only other thing I can think of is that I believe Indianapolis Life is currently owned/services by Aviva Life USA.   If the policy is still in existence, they should have a record of it there (if they do not, then it may not be in existence anymore).   Their customer service number is 1.800.800.9882.  Good luck to you!

Mike Feinberg

Life & Health Insurance

Michael Feinberg, ChFC

I am the Executive Director of Synergy Financial Services, focusing on life, disability and long term care insurance nationwide. I do not typically handle health-insurance related questions since they are typically local-based but I am always happy to try to answer any questions you may have on any of these topics.

16 years in the insurance business.

Chartered Financial Consultant