Life & Health Insurance/life insurance

Question
is there any definitive way to find out whether a life insurance policy has been taken out on my life without my knowledge?thank you for your help .I very much appreciate it.

Answer
Life insurance cannot be taken out on a person's life without their knowledge and consent (at the very least, a signature on an application as a proposed insured).   If you assume that your identity has not been stolen or your signature on an insurance application has not been forged then it would not be possible for a life insurance policy to be taken out on your life without your knowledge.

One other suggestion, in case you suspect either of the above, is to contact the MIB (Medical Information Bureau) to see if any life insurance applications have taken place for you that you are not aware of.

Hope this helps!

Mike Feinberg  

Life & Health Insurance

Michael Feinberg, ChFC