Life & Health Insurance/life insurance

is there any definitive way to find out whether a life insurance policy has been taken out on my life without my knowledge?thank you for your help .I very much appreciate it.

Life insurance cannot be taken out on a person's life without their knowledge and consent (at the very least, a signature on an application as a proposed insured).   If you assume that your identity has not been stolen or your signature on an insurance application has not been forged then it would not be possible for a life insurance policy to be taken out on your life without your knowledge.

One other suggestion, in case you suspect either of the above, is to contact the MIB (Medical Information Bureau) to see if any life insurance applications have taken place for you that you are not aware of.

Hope this helps!

Mike Feinberg  

Life & Health Insurance

Michael Feinberg, ChFC

I am the Executive Director of Synergy Financial Services, focusing on life, disability and long term care insurance nationwide. I do not typically handle health-insurance related questions since they are typically local-based but I am always happy to try to answer any questions you may have on any of these topics.

16 years in the insurance business.

Chartered Financial Consultant