Life & Health Insurance/Dental insurance for elderly

Question
Hello John,
I am a Medicare recipient trying to find a honest dental insurance plan that will pay partial benefits as dental is very expensive.
I have an advantage Medicare supplement plan that does offer a reasonable plan but has no providers in my area, all are much too far.
Would you have any ideas/suggestions ?
I reside in Connecticut .
Appreciate !

Answer
This is a tough question to answer. Since I do not transact business in Connecticut, I am unaware of dental plans that would be considered competitive in your state. However, my recommendation would be to begin by talking with an insurance broker. Many brokers (not all) can give advice that based on your specific situation. Due to Medicare eligibility, your options will be somewhat limited. Before you enroll in plan, you must be clear on what is covered, what is not covered, and if there are waiting periods attached to certain benefits. To the average consumer, this is near impossible to understand. That is what I would begin with a broker or an agent to assist you.

I'm sorry I cannot give you specifics, but I simply am not familiar with the insurance industry in Connecticut.

Life & Health Insurance

John Claborn