Life & Health Insurance/Insurance

Question
My parents bought life insurance for me many years ago from Connecticut Mutual Life Insurance Company.  I can't find any such company in any where.  Is it still around or has it been taken over by another company?  And if so are my policies any good?

Answer
Hello Constance, I am happy to help.

I can tell you that Connecticut Mutual Life merged into MassMutual Life in 1995.  Here is a link to a story that I found:

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/09/16/business/two-big-insurance-companies-will-merg

I would suggest that you contact MassMutual Life customer service at 1 (800) 272-2216
and let them know that believe you have a policy with them.  If you have the policy and/or policy number, they should be able to look it up and tell you if it is still in effect.   Otherwise, they may need to look you up by your name/social security number to see if your policy is active and in their database.

I hope this is helpful...   please let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!

Mike Feinberg, ChFC
President
Synergy Financial Services

Life & Health Insurance

Michael Feinberg, ChFC