Life & Health Insurance/Insurance

My parents bought life insurance for me many years ago from Connecticut Mutual Life Insurance Company.  I can't find any such company in any where.  Is it still around or has it been taken over by another company?  And if so are my policies any good?

Hello Constance, I am happy to help.

I can tell you that Connecticut Mutual Life merged into MassMutual Life in 1995.  Here is a link to a story that I found:

I would suggest that you contact MassMutual Life customer service at 1 (800) 272-2216
and let them know that believe you have a policy with them.  If you have the policy and/or policy number, they should be able to look it up and tell you if it is still in effect.   Otherwise, they may need to look you up by your name/social security number to see if your policy is active and in their database.

I hope this is helpful...   please let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!

Mike Feinberg, ChFC
Synergy Financial Services

Life & Health Insurance

Michael Feinberg, ChFC

I am the Executive Director of Synergy Financial Services, focusing on life, disability and long term care insurance nationwide. I do not typically handle health-insurance related questions since they are typically local-based but I am always happy to try to answer any questions you may have on any of these topics.

16 years in the insurance business.

Chartered Financial Consultant