Life & Health Insurance/Insurance brokers

Broker in my area says that my insurance would cost me the same whether i went through him or got it by myself online...Is this true and if so how does he make money? thanks

Your agent is correct, your premium is the same whether using a broker or purchasing directly through an insurer. The brokers commission is likely in the 5% range, and certainly you have a right to know what commission amount the broker receives. In Arizona, where I am licensed, my contract with Blue Cross requires that I tell my clients the commission amount I will receive, a good thing for all parties involved.

Thank you.

Life & Health Insurance

Michael Higgins

All questions pertaining to health insurance, whether group, individual/family, student, child-only, COBRA, HIPAA, Portability, dental. No expert knowledge in areas such as life insurance, disability, workman's compensation, auto, etc.

34 years as owner of health insurance agency, primarily dealing with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona.

College, Business Administration.