Life & Health Insurance/bank account, life ins. in nursing home

Question
We live in NJ, mom's going to a nursing home soon. She is on Medicare. She has 5000. in the bank and a 10,000. AARP life insurance policy. What will happen to those monies?

Answer
Bill,

Thank you for reaching out. I know this is a tough time for you and your family. Since MediCare and MediCaid are more state specific benefits, I would advise you to head over to www.nahu.org and click on "Find an Agent". It will ask you your zip code and give you a list of professional and integrity-filled agents in your area.

I would have like to have helped more, bit getting you an efficient and proper answer is always my goal.

Life & Health Insurance

Gene Ramsay