Life & Health Insurance/Health Insurance


Hello, my adult son lives with us and cannot work due to several health problems. What do I need to do to make sure he can stay on my work health insurance after he is 26? Thanks.

Dear Alex:

I am very sorry to hear your son has health problems.

As the law now stands, he will leave your health insurance plan and get his own.  Since there are no pre-existing conditions any more.  He will get his insurance plan of his choosing.  He may also qualify for a subsidy is he uses the exchange in Indiana.  Since he is not working he will qualify for a subsidy.

You can check with the human resources department at your company to see if he can stay past 26, if not go to the exchange.

Hope that helps,

Ron Blau

Life & Health Insurance

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ronald Blau


Questions concerning Life, Health, Diability,Long Term Care Insurance and Reitement Income. I specialize in the senior market and can also answer questions about Medicare. I am located in Arizona and have licences in 22 states. I am active in placement of all personal and business forms of insurance. I work with many different carriers in all types of insurance including Life, Health, Disability and Long Term Care as well as financial planning.


I am one of the leading producers of Long Term Care and Life Insurance in Arizona. I am also a member of the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT). I work with seniors in the Life settlement market to get the most value for their Life Insurance policies that they no longer need.

MDRT- Top of the Table

I am licensed in Arizona and 21 states and have a Health, Life Licenses along with Series 6, 63, 65,22 licenses.

Awards and Honors
MDRT (Million Dollar Round Table) Top of the Table

©2017 All rights reserved.