Life & Health Insurance/Burial Insurance for Senior

Question
QUESTION: What are the burial insurance options for an 89 year old male in the United States? The policy I'm looking for is the kind that pays out to a beneficiary (myself). This is an extremely hard subject to find information on. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

ANSWER: Dear Ellen,

These type of policies usually pay to a beneficiary (not yourself) as you are no longer available to cash the check.  The beneficiary is usually one of your heirs.

This is a good way to assure that your burial is paid for and does not become a burden to your heirs.  You can couple this with a prepaid burial where you pick all the things you want for a burial and prepay them or the funeral home will sell a insurance policy that pays for it.

I wish you all the best and a long life.

Ron Blau

QUESTION: I'm Ellen and I'm looking for a policy for my father, a policy that will pay out to me. I also prefer a no exam (for him) policy.

Answer
Ellen,

These type of insurance policies are called final expense polices.  they are offered by many different insurance companies.  Your Father can purchase one and he can name the beneficiary.

I am not licensed in Indiana, but look on the internet for a policy with a company with an "A "rating.

The polices range from $1,000 to $25,000.  There is usually no medical exam.  Some may be graded which means that in the first year should he die they would pay you a percentage of the face amount which increased to 100% in the 3rd year of the policy.

Hope this helps,

Life & Health Insurance

Ronald Blau