Life & Health Insurance/insurance benefits

my father in law recently passed away. we found a hospital policy with small death benefit with the old rio grande national life insurance co. how do I find out if any benefits are still valid. his name was mickie sims  poliy#65080549  taken out 08-05-1965  thanks

Dear Bill,

I have learned that Rio Grande National had been acquired by Kentucky Central.

The policies that were held by Kentucky Central were then turned over to Jefferson-Pilot and Liberty LIfe.

JP phone# (336) 691-3000
LL phone# (864) 609-8111

Please let me know whether either of these phone numbers worked for you.

Willard R. Brumbaugh LUTCF  

Life & Health Insurance

Willard R. Brumbaugh, LUTCF, CSFP

I can handle questions concerning life insurance, it`s tax implications, how to determine what is appropriate, and how it fits in one`s estate and retirement planning.

For 2 1/2 years I was an expert on, where for most of that time I was ranked #1. I have been a moderator (instructor) for the Life Underwriters Training Council. I have been licensed since 1969. Organizations I belong to: National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors - California and the Inland Empire Estate Planning Council. I hold the professional designation of Life Underwriters Training Council Fellow.