Life & Health Insurance/insurance benefits

Question
my father in law recently passed away. we found a hospital policy with small death benefit with the old rio grande national life insurance co. how do I find out if any benefits are still valid. his name was mickie sims  poliy#65080549  taken out 08-05-1965  thanks

Answer
Dear Bill,

I have learned that Rio Grande National had been acquired by Kentucky Central.

The policies that were held by Kentucky Central were then turned over to Jefferson-Pilot and Liberty LIfe.

JP phone# (336) 691-3000
LL phone# (864) 609-8111

Please let me know whether either of these phone numbers worked for you.

Willard R. Brumbaugh LUTCF  

Life & Health Insurance

Willard R. Brumbaugh, LUTCF, CSFP