Life Support Issues/60min. rule after life support is shut down

Question
Im on several kidney transplant lists, im highly sensative,so I've been on list for awhile. I finally got that one in a million chance.Long story short,I didn't get the transplant. I was prepared for the surgery and they come in and say the organs aren't coming. They said the donor didn't pass with-in the 60 min. period after they shut down the machine.
 My question is, Is there a law that states such a thing?

Answer
I am so sorry to hear about your disappointment. It must be so difficult to have your hopes raised and then to hear that the transplant is not possible.

My expertise is in end of life care so I know nothing about protocols  for transplants.  I did a search and found the link below for you to read. It sounds like they have to wait until the donors' heart stops before they can use the kidney# It also sounds like that if that time frame is too long, the donated kidney would not be viable or usable# I honestly don't know if it is a legal or ethical issue#   

http://abcnews#go#com/Health/transplant-surgeon-proposes-harvesting-kidneys-dono

Again, I am so sorry that this happened to you. I hope that you can explore the issue further with your transplant team. The article seems to say that 2/3 of the time, the transplant happens but that 1/3 of the time, this situation arises.  

Life Support Issues

Betsy Murphy