Life Support Issues/mum,stomach cancer

Diane wrote at 2014-03-05 19:39:02
My mum died on December 26 th 2013 at home with me and my husband beside her. She was still sat downstairs the morning she died and had 3 cups of tea. My mum still managed to have Xmas dinner not much but she tried hard. It was 3.40 in the afternoon when she died, but was on her feet at four stone up to 3 hrs before she passed away. My mum was an amazing women and did not let this illness keep her down. My advice to anybody in this situation would be make the most of every day and live life to the full just like my mum. Thank you for your advice. Diane

diane walshaw wrote at 2015-04-01 20:31:01
My mum passed away on boxing day 2013 she was on her feet till 2 hours before x thanks for your information Diane x

diane walshaw wrote at 2015-04-01 20:31:29

Life Support Issues

Betsy Murphy

My expertise is in end of life care for adults. Identifying when someone is approaching the end of their life. Benefits and burdens of end of life treatments. Managing pain and other symptoms. Providing care for dying patients at home. Advocating for someone who is dying in a hospital or nursing home.

More than 28 years of experience in hospice care. Currently consulting with hospices to promote access for patients to receive hospice care earlier in the course of their illness. Betsy provides training for hospice marketing staff to effectively work with nursing facilities to help identify eligible patients. She writes Additional Development Request (ADR) letters to Medicare to help hospices get paid for their services and to avoid future claim denials.

Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association

Articles: Clinical Reviews, Advance for Nurses, Nursing Spectrum, Washington Business Woman,; Understanding Medical-Surgical Nursing (FA Davis and Company), Guide to Caregiving in the Final Months of Life (TM Brown publishers).

Bachelors of Science in Nursing, additionally trained as a Family Nurse Practitioner and certified as a hospice and palliative care nurse.

Outstanding Woman in Loudoun County (VA) by Loudoun County Commission on Women 1997 and 2002.