Lighting Design/Fluroescent lighting

I have 2 X 4' fluorescent lighting fixtures in my office. I am considering updating them from T12 to T8 for more energy efficiency and lower electrical costs.

I was wondering if there are any Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs available that would be adaptable to my current fixtures and potentially provide me even greater efficiencies.

Sorry I'm late in answering I have ill.
There are no Compact fluorescent lamps that will fit into a 2x4 fixture. you could check into what we call a basket fixture. It is still a 2x4 housing(not yours), but it contains a basket that hides the lamps in the center of the fixture and distributes it in a better fashion that a normal glare bomb of a 2x4. So check out the Internet for a volumetric recessed fluorescent light fixture. You could use a T5 lamp, this will save you energy.
Good luck

Lighting Design

Tony Carango

i can answer all kinds of lighting questions but for stage lighting

i have 40 years in the business of architectural lighting design and am a Certified Lighting Designer

International Assoc of Lighting Designers, Illuminating Eng Society of North America

i have been an instructor of interior lighting at Arcadia University for about 16 years, I also gave a course for Drexel University, as weel as being a guest speaker at Various seminares for energy efficiency.