You are here:

Lighting Design/Fireplace lighting


Fireplace lights
Fireplace lights  

photo 2
photo 2  
One bulb is burned out over my fireplace which is 18' tall so I'll have to hire an electrician to perform.  I want to replace existing flood lights with LED bulbs (spot, flood or gimbal bulb).  Fireplace is 6.5' wide.  Please see photo attached.  What do you recommend?

I would try the two existing lights as floods but I would like to see you add a third about 3ft in front of these two and centered of course. that could be a very narrow spot and aimed at the hearth floor while the other 2 floods high lite the stone work. If you can hire an electrician to do this you may as well replace the old screw base shells with a new fixture that can be adjusted to do what we want. If you can change these two then just add the new one and make it adjustable so you only light the hearth floor.
Be very care to buy the correct color LED anything in the 2000 to 3000 kelvin rating. ( more of a creamy color that the normal white/blue LED sources).
Good Luck
Tony Carango

Lighting Design

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Tony Carango


i can answer all kinds of lighting questions but for stage lighting


i have 40 years in the business of architectural lighting design and am a Certified Lighting Designer

International Assoc of Lighting Designers, Illuminating Eng Society of North America

i have been an instructor of interior lighting at Arcadia University for about 16 years, I also gave a course for Drexel University, as weel as being a guest speaker at Various seminares for energy efficiency.

©2017 All rights reserved.