Lighting Design/Fluorescent lights not going on when humid

Question
We have 4' fluorescent lighting tubes run in series around the top of our bedroom. The problem is the lights are very unreliable. It seems to happen mostly after it rains which leads me to suspect it is a problem related to the humidity (we live in Honolulu). When I go up and twist the bulb, I can get them to turn on, but if I turn the lights of at the switch them may or may not go back on.
The problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with whether the bulb is old or new.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for your time!!!!

Answer
It sounds like a job for an electrician, you may have a loose wire at the switch. It also could be a bad ground wire somewhere in one of the fixtures. The brass sockets are so delicate and can have many ways to give you trouble.
1. Not making a consistent contact with the pins o the tubes.
2. humidity can cause them to break down and become loose.
I am not sure I would want to tackle this myself. I would toss them and get led lights.
Good luck
Tony C  

Lighting Design

Tony Carango