Literature/speaking high level intelligible english

hello tue good morning how are you,
   can i ask one question to you , firstly, inorder to be a good writer you first must read alot  so inorder to be a great fluent speaker of the english language you have to speak,hear and understand what others are talking about... does reading also contribute to one becoming a perfect intelligible speaker aswell  you're the perfect expert so what are thoughts on this please reply   god bless   val dillon

Hello Val,

Yes, I think reading contributes to your language skills also. It gives you a large vocabulary that you can use when you're speaking the language. If you want to be a writer, reading is more important than speaking, but if you want to speak well, practise is probably the best way to achieve it. To live among English-speakers, and interact with them, is the most efective way to learn English well. A voice coach could also train your oral skills, if you can afford one. Being an actor in England will also get you into contact with a lot of highly disciplined voice actors, which would have a great effect on your own speaking skills.

- Tue Sorensen

Tue Sorensen

I am an authority on the complete works of Shakespeare, and can answer any questions relating to his plays, poetry and life. I specialize in interpretation, double-meanings and translation into modern language.

I was a top-rated Allexperts expert on this same subject several years ago.

Former member of the Danish Shakespeare Society, as well as an active participant in the scholarly SHAKSPER mailing list.

Three years of studying English literature at the University of Aarhus, Denmark