Literature/literature in english

how is title related to theme

That is a very brief question. In general, there is no rule that title and theme have to be related at all. A title can be anything, and it won't necessarily reflect the theme. Of course, sometimes title and theme *can* be related. Usually, the title will refer to the theme in some way. Again, there are many ways for this to be done; it is hard to say anything about without a specific example.

Also, for a discussion on title and theme, it is a prerequisite that you know what title and theme are, respectively. You may want to study up on that. To my mind, "theme" is sort of the message that a story has; the core idea, subject or situation that a writer wants to illustrate and illuminate in his or her work.

- Tue Sorensen

Tue Sorensen

I am an authority on the complete works of Shakespeare, and can answer any questions relating to his plays, poetry and life. I specialize in interpretation, double-meanings and translation into modern language.

I was a top-rated Allexperts expert on this same subject several years ago.

Former member of the Danish Shakespeare Society, as well as an active participant in the scholarly SHAKSPER mailing list.

Three years of studying English literature at the University of Aarhus, Denmark