Literature/listening to book cd's

hi tue how are you
         can i ask does listening to cd's on storytelling  equally as good as reading the story  and does reading out aloud just as good reading quietly to improve ones speaking aswell writing english   thanks  dillon

Hello Val,

Yes, I would say that listening to audio books is just as good as reading. It would depend how attentively you listen, of course, but if you listen well I'm sure it would be fine. Maybe take notes and listen to it again a bit later to refresh what you heard. If you refresh the things you learn - such as just reviewing your notes and thinking about it again a few days later - it significantly increases your long-term memory retention.

And yes, I think reading out loud is a good idea for practicing your English speaking.

Good luck with your projects,
- Tue

Tue Sorensen

I am an authority on the complete works of Shakespeare, and can answer any questions relating to his plays, poetry and life. I specialize in interpretation, double-meanings and translation into modern language.

I was a top-rated Allexperts expert on this same subject several years ago.

Former member of the Danish Shakespeare Society, as well as an active participant in the scholarly SHAKSPER mailing list.

Three years of studying English literature at the University of Aarhus, Denmark