Literature/a lie

there has been many people who in the past have told of what they generally assumed to me as total honesty ..i remember a calm moment under the blazing sun i sat with a painter who said that he can't 'get any better' at his proffession many moments like this came quite unexpectedly tue.....there is a lie isn't there some where along the lines of 'i can't do this or i can't do that' maybe these doubters were somewhere along the line suppressed by parents or an anti social personality...what do you think in your minds eye are the symptamatics leading to  lack of progress in fields .. some have a fear of learning where do you think that stems from it past life? please reply

Hello Val,

Frankly, most forms of learning difficulty is a matter of bad social habits being transferred from each generation to the next. Parents understimulate their children, but this is because they themselves were also understimulated by their parents. The cycle of ignorance and misery perpetuates itself in this way, and it takes great effort to break it. All things being equal, any parent will tend to treat their children just as he or she was treated by their own parents. But those who understand this process can free themselves from it.

Let me explain my use of the term "understimulated". Children need a lot of stimulation; a lot of attention from their parents (and other people) at an early age. The first three years of your life may be the most important. A child needs emotional stimulation, intellectual stimulation and physical stimulation (touches and loving caresses) - and lots of it! If the parents are too busy, or too miserable in some way (financially, for instance), or too ignorant to understand the needs of their child, the result will very often be understimulation. This can cause all kinds of learning difficulties and stunt the intellectual and emotional growth of the child. It means that the child does not think and feel as fast and as well as it should.

Ultimately, since we do not live in a perfect world, ALL people suffer to different degrees from this understimulation, and ALL parents are guilty of understimulating their kids. This is the whole problem with the world: people ought to be much happier, much smarter and much more loving towards each other. But because we don't understand ourselves and each other, we find ourselves living in a whole society of widespread understimulation, where people don't help and support each other the way they should. On a social and historical scale, this is getting better, because we are starting to understand our own nature much better thanks to the advances in science, but it is still a big problem for must people. And for some more than for others.

But as long as you have a mind and free will, it is possible to change and to improve. I encourage you to muster the determination to learn about yourself, about how your mind works, and to stimulate yourself into being a better learner and a smarter person. Optimism and sheer joy of life are very important, and one way of progressing is to set yourself little goals which you can gradually attain, so that your improvement is clear and gratifying to you. Try to study the world around you: nature, the people, books, art, science, different fields of learning, and take joy in the beauty of all these things. The more joy you feel, the easier it will be for you to progress and to become interested in more things, and learn more things. That's certainly how it work for me, and I hope this can work for you, too.

- Tue

Tue Sorensen

I am an authority on the complete works of Shakespeare, and can answer any questions relating to his plays, poetry and life. I specialize in interpretation, double-meanings and translation into modern language.

I was a top-rated Allexperts expert on this same subject several years ago.

Former member of the Danish Shakespeare Society, as well as an active participant in the scholarly SHAKSPER mailing list.

Three years of studying English literature at the University of Aarhus, Denmark