Literature/Annapurna

Question
Annapurna
Annapurna  
Hello,
I have a 1952 copy of ANNAPURNA First Conquest of an 8000 Meter Peak by Maurice Herzog.  Would you tell me if this book is valuable, or if I should donate it to a library.
Thank you.

Answer
Hello

While I wouldn't take my word for it - and I am an expert on literature, not so much book values, it looks like a first edition of this book in good condition is averaging less than $4

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=herzog&bi=0&recentlyadded=s&sts

If you still have reservations, I would consult a local book dealer and they will be able to help you more specifically - I am not an appraiser or claim to know much except for where to look for a general idea of market value (linked above).

Thanks!

G

Literature

Garrett