Little House on the Prairie/Winoka

Ole wrote at 2008-07-25 13:06:51
I have been wondering the same, and I am sorry that You never answerd the hole question!

Is or was Winoka a real location or not?

It was in Dakota teritory, is that now North or Soyth Dakota or..

I can't find it anywhere, on any maps, or in any dictionaries.

joni wrote at 2012-11-05 03:26:30
The fictional locale for Winoka was based upon a much older, bigger, and rowdier town than that of the slower-paced and real-life Walnut Grove. Winoka had a hotel (where Charles and Caroline worked and lived with their children), a saloon, a bank, a church and three schools: a public school, a private one and a special school for blind students.

Little House on the Prairie

Becky