Little House on the Prairie/LHOP - Albert sick

Question
I remember an episode where Charles builds an "altar" and puts Albert on it for healing? Charles grew a beard and it was just him and Albert for days in the woods - am I crazy? Albert was a teen - but I don't think it was the morphine addiction episode. Thanks!

Answer
It was actually James who was sick in the episode you are thinking of. I believe it was 'He Was Only Twelve' Parts 1 and 2. They were the final episodes of Season 8, and it was Michael Landon's final episodes as a series regular. James walked into a bank just as it was being robbed. He was shot and critically wounded. He fell into a coma. Charles refuses to believe he will die, and believes God will heal him. His friends and family believe he's lost his grip on reality. Charles eventually leaves, taking James with him and heads for the hills, building an altar and refusing to return home until God heals James. He prays for a miracle.

These were two of my favorite episodes. Hope this helped. :)

Little House on the Prairie

Chantel Robinson