Little House on the Prairie/BLIND SCHOOL HOUSE

The house in the episode of the Haunted House looks exactly like the house that Lars Hanson lived in before he passed away that was turned into the Blind School for Mary, Adam, Hester Sue Terhune,and the blind children.

I do believe you are correct! This is one of those 'continuity problems' that we see several times throughout the Little House on the Prairie television series. This house was the haunted house in Season 2, episode 5; burned down as the Blind School in Season 6, episode 21; then miraculously showed up again as the Lars Hanson house (untouched by fire!) in Season 9, episode 3, "Welcome to Olesonville". It's kind of fun to watch the series and catch the inconsistencies.  Thanks so much for sharing your observation, Kristina!

Little House on the Prairie

Janet B

I can answer most questions pertaining to the book series written by Laura Ingalls Wilder, as well as questions regarding Laura's actual life, and questions regarding things that happened in the television series. If I don't know the answer myself, I enjoy researching to find the answers.

I have read the LHOTP book series every year since I was 11 years old. (That would be 33 times!) I have also enjoyed reading biographical information about Laura and her family. I was lucky enough to get to visit the home/museum of Laura and Almanzo in Mansfield, MO. I have watched the television series for years, and thoroughly enjoy it; though sometimes I am frustrated by little inconsistencies I catch as I watch. That's what makes me think it would be interesting to help answer questions others might have!

I have had seven items published in Children's Ministry Magazine.

B.S. in Elementary Education/Early Childhood Education from Southwest Baptist University.