Little League Baseball/Summer reserve HS team tryouts?

Question
I am in a dilemma as to the advice I should give my son.  He is torn about what he should do?  He currently plays baseball for a 14U select team.  There has been an announcement for tryouts for the Summer Reserve Baseball team at the HS where he will be a freshman next year.  Do I tell him to go ahead and tryout as this is where he wants to play HS ball -if he makes it, it could be letting his current team down because of the Reserve team schedule.  Or tell him NO because he made a commitment to his current team and he will have to wait until next year to tryout for the Freshman team?

Answer
He'll need every advantage he can get to play HS ball. I'd let him try out and see if he makes  the cut before you worry about conflicting schedules. If he doesn't, he'll know what he needs to work on and have a year to fix any problems. If he makes the team, there's a possibility that he can play for both with only minor conflicts.

Little League Baseball

Julie Butcher-Fedynich